Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Blog?

So this is the first post I've ever done in this blog. We'll see how it goes. I've decided to move on to a new blog with a new template. Why? For a few reasons:

  1. A change of scenery-I've had that blog since High School. That blog used to be a way that I would keep in touch with certain friends before Myspace, before Facebook and when AIM was still cool. Yeah, it's that old. Not to mention it started because I was a whiney little goth teenager who wanted attention from my friends. Then it morphed into a more positive blog, especially when I graduated high school as I used it for faith-based devotionals in hopes of reaching out to my friends who didn't know Jesus who were reading it. It actually worked too in some ways, which is something I rejoice in Jesus Christ for. I also got to encourage a lot of people, including family members, who were in the faith. That blog was a huge growing experience for me and it helped me realize my gift and passion for writing. Now it's time to move on.
  2. I wanted something more grown-up - yep, it's true. I'm getting older. I finish college in January, and using LiveJournal felt like I was still in high school. I'm not. I've come a LONG way since then and I praise God for all of my growth.

So yep, that's that. Enjoy!

God bless,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment