Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Breaker's Commission


Life
Love
Forgiveness
Acceptance

Stripping demons right off my back
trying to leech life off of me
GET OFF ME
and feel my father's fury oppressor!

One day you'll feel the full blast of His vengeance, Beelzebub
but for now I'll
love.

Cause I've got strength.

He blew courage in my backbone
now I'll stand straight and militant
lining up in Jehovah's Battalion
knowing you can't challenge Him
so we march forward
Swift as eagles set like talons
ready to grip souls from your grasp
slick snake in the grass
my Lord
sees you and vengeance is
His.

But for now I retaliate
propelled by a Holy Mandate to heal
cause I know how bad it hurts

Full of madness at first
but now
gladness bursts at the seams of our beings
cause we overflow with the oil of joy.

The Ointment of the anointed
mending any torn soul
Healing any
broken bone
He is
here.

He was there
He is peace
He is faithful

Lyrics by For Today, Copyright 2010 Facedown Records, stanzas and capitalization done by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment