Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ECSU Student Athlete Outreach

Throughout my entire time as an ECSU student, I have never been to a sports game at my school.

Throughout my entire academic career I have never been to a sports game at my school.

Out of all the students actively going to 180 Christian Fellowship, the Christian club on campus at ECSU, NONE of them are student athletes.

ECSU has a soccer team, basketball team, cross country team, lacrosse team, track and field team, swim team, volleyball team, baseball team, and field hockey team. They also have intramural teams as well as student clubs for football, ice hockey, rugby, women's rugby, cheerleading and dance, ultimate frisbee, fencing, billiards, ski and snowboarding, and strength and conditioning.

Those are a lot of student athletes!

Did I mention that to my knowledge, NONE of them are being reached for the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I sincerely hope I'm VERY wrong, but I'm determined to do something about it!

I am not an athlete. I run when I can, but other than that there is not a competitive bone in me. I love watching sports, though, so my first plan is to go to some games, cheer for the students, write down names, and pray for direction.

Will you pray with me? Will you even consider going to a game too?

Thanks!

Laboring with you,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment